remove stock fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
o.k i got it off and replaced it with a zalman but my monitor won't come back on. hooked everything up right and the fan works but no monitor. even reseated the card a couple of times. any thoughts?

o.k, everything is working fine now, monitor zalman fan etc. problem is the Zalman VF700-Cu VGA Cooler isn't running the gpu much cooler than the stock fan. i"ve had the side panel off the pc for a week ,blowing a house fan, waiting for the zalman. temp is sitting between 80c and 82c with nothing going on but idle time. everything else is running in the 30's

nononono! BAD!

take your gpu out, take off the zalman, go get a puffsie:p (little puff balls) and gets some Alcohol, put the puffsie on the cap, give it a up n down, take it out, completley clean out all the zalman TIM you used.

Now get your as5...put a TINY TINY TINY dot on the chip..then get a plastic bag, put your finger in it, and rub the thermal paste all over, but be carefull not to get it over the sides....

Only do it on the chip, leave the heatsink clean and your good..

Also where did you apply the thermal paste...

3 things could have happend:

1. You didnt remove the old paste, cuasing too much, therefore defeating the purpose.

2. You put the zalman stuff on the heatsink, and chip.

3. You put it on both with both the stock paste on.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom