Warez Monster has an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Here's the deal, I have went thru 4 computers, 2 HP's and 2 IBM's. When I receive them, I copy the drivers to a cd and reinstall to XP Pro. When finished, I update the drivers, start Windows Update etc. Reboot. I have deleted some junk and now it's in the recycle bin, I go to delete it, I receive this error: "Cannot delete Dc3: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service". I reboot and try again, same error. Now all of a sudden it's empties after the reboot. So now I go into, or I try to go into msconfig to disable the startup entries, I receive this error: Windows cannot find msconfig. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. After a few more attempts at this, it then appears but very slowly. Most icons in the start menu-programs have lost there file associations. I can't take a screenshot because I receive this error "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" when trying to open text file or word pad. Then I go to the control panel and half the control panel icons are gone. As of right now I have 10 icons. I enabled Windows Firewall at the end of the setup as usual, now it's disabled and I can't go in the control panel to enable it or I cant open the sheild up to activate it. Now the **** thing just BSOD on me with a fatal system error. Just before that when msconfig finally opened up, I disable the 3 entries that were there, clicked ok and it just stood there, nothing happened. Now that it has rebooted on it own, the first thing I notice is the recycle bin is full again with the same 5 files I tried to delete before. I went into the bios and looked at every option in there, there was nothing that stood out . I have tired all kinds of different way to install XP, updates first them drivers, vice versa, no updates, no drivers, and still the same thing. Now I went back into the control panel and all icons are there but I cant access them.

You expect it could be a virus? or is this a clean install? It happens on all 4 machine? I highly doubt it might be a hardware issue, could be a coincidence that all four machines are infected or have bad hardware like the RAM. Bad XP CD? certain system file not copied to the harddrive correctly?

Most like cause after a clean install could be the RAM.

All 4 systesm were straight from the manufacturer. No viruses, I doubt that there is a hardware issue. These were a clean install from the XP cd and this time I fdisked and formatted then installed XP and the same thing. Before I did this, "there" version of xp was fine because I needed to copy the drivers to a cd. But when I installed a new XP, this is what happens. I use the same XP cd on 5 other different IBM and compaq machines. I just installed XP using the same disk on 2 IBM T30 laptops with no issues and then this again.

bootsector virus or bad disc (it can't be a bad cd rom drive since it happen on 4 different computers). powermax can get rid of a bootsector virus on it's quick erase feature.

I don't know, sound like you are having this issue on all machine when you install from that XP CD. What happens if you load one of the system into safe mode?

I'm a little confused, you only have 1 XP CD right? and you are trying to install on different machine and getting this same problem but you did say you modified the CD by adding some drivers?

Warez Monster said:
All 4 systesm were straight from the manufacturer. No viruses, I doubt that there is a hardware issue. These were a clean install from the XP cd and this time I fdisked and formatted then installed XP and the same thing. Before I did this, "there" version of xp was fine because I needed to copy the drivers to a cd. But when I installed a new XP, this is what happens. I use the same XP cd on 5 other different IBM and compaq machines. I just installed XP using the same disk on 2 IBM T30 laptops with no issues and then this again.

check to see if they have the same cd rom drive. the new thing is they are making cd rom so cheap these day that it doesn't read and copy the xp files correctly (this is what it sound like in the first place)

case in point

yesteray I reformatting somebody compaq sr1230nx. I put the xp cd in their lite on dvd burner. when I finish, I came up with xp that you are describing. I put the xp cd in the asus cd rom and reinstalled it and everything went through perfectly.

use the tech toolkit to partition your drive. then use a bart pe cd to copy the xp cd on the drive via network (on another cd rom) or external hdd. you already know how to start it from there (winnt.exe)

p.s.I just don't trust windows updates these day. it slow my computer and sometime make my computer do wierd things

I dont have the others anymore, I returned them. This is a HP DC7600 Small Form Factor. Not sure yet on what the optical drive is yet. Right now I'm using there version of XP SP2 without their software. This came with 3 cds, a restore cd to validate the computer, the XP SP2 cd and then their software cd. So now it's loading their XP so I will see how it goes. I dont see how my cd can be any different then theirs. I have also tried 3 other XP cds on the other IBM that I first had issues with and I received the same errors.

I can't beleive this. I just finished the install. Everything seems to go very well until......I reboot. When it started to load the desktop, I took forever. Now lets see what I am missing, cant access msconfig, regedit, my start menu, internet, symantec av is not showing up, ad aware se wont run, etc etc. Now this was with there XP CD and I get somewhat the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom