Radeon 9800 on PCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindApex

In Runtime
hey, my Display Adapter section shows up like this in device manager:

Radeon 9800 Pro
Secondary Radeon 9800 Pro

The primary one is on AGP, but it shows the secondary as PCI...anyone know why?

Hmm.......

That is definetely quite weird.....

I have an ATI Radeon 9600XT and on the Device Manager, for me I also have an extra thing that says "Secondary ATI Radeon 9600 Series"

Weird........

So me and you must have video cards that are half AGP half PCI?

:p SWEET!!! :p

Isn't that because most of the ATI cards have the DVI and the VGA outputs and you can connect two monitors to them? That was my answer when I asked myself the same question.. That doesn't explain the PCI part.. humm.. you got me..

Wow, we all have the same problem i see.

Not for sure what could be causing this............but anyways, I dont care about this....just as long as my video card is working, that is all i'm worried about, lol ;)

yo! same here! however i have two of EVERYTHING! i have two processors, two harddrives, two burners. Haha. This is cool, its like having an imaginary computer... like an imaginary friend... :p

its on the card or the port. The agp port is messed and screwing up what it is or the card is messed up and identifies it as something its not(the bottom part where it fits int the slot

well i'm getting decent performance...and i'm getting a new top of the line socket 939 amd athlon 64 FX system this summer so i hope it will work there

Its because there is a spot for two monitors on the back of the card. It needs two channels so you can run two monitors at the same time. I have it on my 9600XT and even my 9000 Pro had it. Its not half AGP half PCI or anything like that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom