Looking for a soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwayneDays

In Runtime
Im looking for a good soundcard as I recently upgraded my pc and the sound is lacking somthing. I have the onboard audio from the dfi lanparty board and im wondring what you would suggest to step up to next. Trying to stay below 100 if possible guys. Ok thanks

is that 100 USD or £GBP? Look at the sound blaster audigy 2 or the X-Fi Extreme music or Fatal1ty depending on how much that is.
Do you have speakers? It might be better to get them first and then get the sound card. Is your onboard sound 7.1?

its this

Onboard Audio
Audio Chipset Realtek ALC850
Audio Channels 8 Channels

So I should go for speakers first??

Its up to you really but some time this month i am going to be buying some 7.1 surround sound speakers. i have onboard HD 7.1 so they will work and getting a new sound card (X-Fi) next month. The sound card will just be sitting there and will be a waste of money if your not using any good speakers/headphones.

Have a look at the creative labs T79000 they are 7.1 and heard good things about them. They are £70 (english) not sure how much that is USD.

yeah but they dont have any 7.1 speakers. you might as well only get a 5.1 sound card if you only plan on getting 5.1 speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom