Which 6800

Status
Not open for further replies.
viper15 said:
So which is the better card, 6800 gs/gt or a 7600 gt. The 7800/7900 is way out of my budget. BTW The games I play are AOE 3, NFSMW, NFSU2, C&C Generals ect. I don't play Stuff like HL2, Call of Duty, Doom3. Will the 6800 series still be good enough.

7600GT is the better, and cheaper card, it'll easily handle the games you play on max settings.

One more question. I have a vga monitor, and alot of the video cards have dvi ports only. I found some adapters dvi to vga on ebay, Does that affect the picture or any thing? I would rather not buy a new monitor.

I have had a 6800GS PCI-E and a 6800GT AGP and I have to say the 6800GS PCI-E is absolutely amazing and what im using now, it overclocks like crazy but you might not even need to it is pretty good straight out of the box.
If you've got the money I'd say go for the 7600GT but the 6800GS is definately a good choice if not.

Like other people have said if you buy retail and not OEM you should get an adapter with the card.

Goodluck

Okay,thanks for the info.

My choices are the 6800 gs or 7600gt. I am planning on the 7600.

Does anyone know how the 7600gs is compared with the 7600 gt?

Depends on where you got it from.
I'd say the 7600GT is a good choice, but THE 6800GS would have also been a good choice.
Either way I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom