Buying Suggesstion

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanzk

Solid State Member
I want to upgrade my Graphics card and Monitor.

I have (MSI) Geforce 6,NX6800GT-T2D256E ,256MB, Graphics card. I want to buy a new card either 7900GT or 7900GTX.
A friend of mine told me to wait for a month because new cards will be releasing soon .

I want your view and also do I buy two cards for SLI functionality?

I have Viewsonic P225f ,22inch,(Professional Series) CRT monitor.
I want to know that do I upgrade this monitor or not? I mean that do this s the best monitor if not then do tell me about any other monitor that has better features than this?

If you were to upgrade now, I would go for the 7900GT, it provides the most bang per buck. However, since your GPU now, isn't exactly low-end, if I were you I would consider waiting for the new G80s to be released, as your current GPU will hold out until then :)

As for the monitor, you could consider going to an LCD, most nowdays have great pixel response times, and obviously take up less space.

If you do decide to get an LCD monitor, make sure you buy one with a nice response time (anything below 10ms should be okay) and dont bother with a 19", make sure you get either a 17" or a 20"++, the reason I say this is because there is usually no difference in native resolutions between 17" and 19" LCDs (usually 1280x1024) so the image on a 19" would appeaar stretched out, whereas most 20"++ have a native resolution of 1600x1200.

7900gt is definitely the card to buy right now

without a doubt

also idk if you really need a new monitor
if you really want one stick with CRT :)
LCD's IMHO is not worth the cost
quality isnt good enough for me yet
plus they cost $$$ more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom