19" LCD - Wide or Normal ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally get the DVI. Maybe it doesn't matter for games but for reading text I think it makes a big difference (which is good for office work :) ).

DVI is good. When using an LCD with a regular VGA connection, the bits in VRAM in your video hardware are being converted to an analog signal that will be sent to your display and converted back to digital bits before pixels can actually be lit up. If the cabling is great and the timing of the A/D conversion hardware in your display is done well, that's not necessarily so bad.

So basicly with DVI, the bits that are in VRAM in your video hardware are what are being sent to the display. No D/A-D/A conversion, no worries about imprecise pixel timing between the display and the video hardware. Just bits. This is a nice bonus IMO.

To sum it up I like dvi better, but it is not needed if you dont really want to have it, though there is a diffrence.

Thanks for your input, Hunt12. But I am a little confused, since both LCD monitors have DVI input :)

Should I go for a wide screen (16:10), or a normal one (4:3)?

It depends what kind of GPU you have, and what you plan on using the PC for, if you play games, you'll want the widescreen one as it has a higher native resolution, however this will strain your GPU more, especially if you have a not so great GPU.

If you dont really care much for games, or your GPU isn't that great i'd go for the 4:3

Graphic Card is ATI X600XT 256MB RAM, CPU is P4 3.2 (540J), 1GB DDR 400 RAM - purchased a year ago

Yep went abit overboard with the monitor there sorry about that:eek: . Anyhoo your current Gpu can run a 16:10 so if you want to go for the widescreen go for it. Like Trooper said though it all depends on what you want to do with your comp, hope this helps you out.

I just recently bought a viewsonic 19" widescreen 16:10. witha native resolution of 1440x900. And omg it is amazing. No problems. Got and extended warrentie so if just one only ONE pixil goes out and can go back and replace the whole monitor for free. And so far i havent had to. The monitor has an 8ms responce time and dvi out puts. right now its on sale for only about $260.

thanks guys!

odysseus, you can read my mind :p finally I ended up ordering VX2025wm today. I am in Toronto and found best price for $420 CDN + tax

Hopefully I will receive it by weekend, will post and let u guys know how it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom