Forgetful Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyokai

Solid State Member
Iv had this problem for a while now, and im wondering if its a general problem where windows xp slowly destroys itself over time. I used to have a problem getting internet explorer to sign in to the google personalised home automatically, sometimes it does it, then leave it a while it forgets, i reinstalled windows after another problem though and it was fixed until recently, it started happening again, and now it forgets other sign in details too, it wont sign into the google notifier automatically anymore, wont remember my preferences in games, wont remember the colour i set certain things to be and now it wont even remember where i put the files on my desktop, every time i start my computer up now, everything is unorganised and i cannot auto sign in to anything, i check the "remember me" box on everything i used to be able to sign in to and i get nothing, iv tried clearing auto complete and im wondering if the only way to fix is to do a windows repairing installation. Anyone else had this problem? any preferably found a fix

im using windows xp pro
internet explorer 7 (although i was using ie6 when it first happened too)
windows live messenger latest beta (this wont remember the colour i choose for it)

thanks for anything anyone has to offer

nope, nothing at all, it has done it before each installation of windows iv had and the only fix iv found is reinstalling, could it be my copy of windows has an error in expoere.exe or something similar, should i try another copy of windows?

i have sp2 and i use a few, but i havent used them before and it still occured, any ideas?

1536MB page file
ram is all new OCZ 2x1024mb sticks
i am running 2 hard drives both SATA 80GB il run a check on them then post the results

Do you have any software running that you might think can have an affect? Some kind of virus protection/security software that deletes temporary files or clear caches and setting when the computer reboots? You would hope it's a software issue better than a hardware. Consider running any checkup for any malwares (viruses, spyware, worms)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom