Computer will Not install windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tested the Ram but the system will not run the setup.. Again just to clear up the spec on when it happens.. I insert the WindowXP CD and boot with it.. It goes through the process of copying the setup files and drivers.. This does not mean the Windows XP.. This is at the very first.. after it completes this step it saysStarting windows setup at the bottom of the screen indicating it will check the harddrive for its format and file system... So I hope this helps clearing up where the error ocurrs.. For the last 5 tries it is getting to the Screen where it says Starting windows Setup and then I get the blue screen error

Technical Info..

*** stop: 0xc0000008e (oxc0000005,0x000000z0,0xfc90f034,0x00000000)

Have you seen this.. now i know it is not the Ram itself but could this be the RAM slots.. I have checked for dirt and I have seated them Correctly.. or could this be where it is trying to read the HD and with the Harddrive giv eing me that message during Formating could that be the cause..

Ok This has been going on for awhile now and I am completly stumped.. I would like to know if there is anything else I could try before I swap the motherboard.. I have tested the ram in another system and it works fine.. I also tested the System with the issue with Different Ram that i know is good and it does the samething.. this is a step by step process that I am doing to get the error..

1) boot system up with the Windows XP pro edition
2) system is copying files for windows setup
3) it gets to the point where it says Starting Windows Setup
4) System either give a blue screen error or it restarts

I believe this is caused by the Ram slots themself being bad
but someone suggested that this could be a Powersupply issue. But I am not convinced.. does anyone have any other thoughts

thanks

Most likely if the DIMM's were bad, it wouldn't read the RAM at all and beep at you continouosly.

Did you make the CD-ROM the first boot device?

Okay before you replace the motherboard!!!

A. Have you tried running Seatools on the HDD, it generally picks up bad sectors about 90- 95% of the time.

B. Tried different IDE cables ( I know this seems weird but its stuffed me up in the past )

C. Tried the HDD in another computer and tried reading/writing and running chkdsk in the command prompt?

Hope that helps!!

This is all good advise but I already changed the IDE cable out. and I tryied the hardrive in another computer.. I did format the Drive with a Win98 CD.. And at the very begining there was a bad sector.. it could be in the boot sector not sure at this point, But the problem that i get happens well before the computer uses the harddrive so how could that cause the computer to reboot or give the blue screen error.. remember it happens when starting windows setup.. Not when it starts installing the software but before it tells you the size of the partition and if your want to use NTFS or Fat32 format..
Any other thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom