LCD Monitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

phosphorousgobu

Baseband Member
Yo. I'm planning a new gaming rig. For college. Now I know, nobody plays PC games. I mean hey, why do that, when you can buy a 360? OOH! It's BIZARRO! No. I played DOS games when I was little, no Mario for me. I'm happy with playing Battlefield 2. The right way, with 64 players. None of that 16 player max Xbox crap. So, yes. I will stick with the PC as my primary means of gaming.

Anyways. I don't really know anything about flat panels, except that they are expensive, and give a dark picture (at least on some of the cheaper Gateway models I've seen). Response time is supposedly a big factor for gamers.

Any recommendations on a good (maybe 17") flat panel monitor (preferably available in black) for playing PC games?

my suggestion is to just get a good 21" crt monitor instead of spending a fortune on these LCD's

but if i were to get lcd i would definitely get viewsonic.

whats your price range?

You want to make sure it has a nice millisecond video response time and a high resolution. :]

Viewsonic does not make very good quality LCDs, they are just a big company and specialize in monitors so people assume they are good. For LCDs, stick to LG, Dell and NEC. I suggest the LG L2000C. For the people who will say viewsonic is great, please explain to me, why do you think that, and who told you that.

I have a VA902B Viewsonic Monitor, 8 MS response time, has a very sharp image, very bright monitor with a good contrast rate, no dead pixels and the auto adjust made the picture perfectly configured (yes i checked on various imaging sites like displaymate.com and verified that my image is as good as a DVI to DVI and its crystal clear) THAT is why I like viewsonic.

Thats all fine and good, but have you ever actually used one from NEC, Dell or LG? And no, I don't mean ones that come free with Dell PCs.

free ones suck balls, but no I have never owned one, although I have used them side by side in Office Depot, where I work while hooked up to a computer, and in all truth, I cannot really tell much of a difference. Viewsonic is not that bad of a company, they are quite good.

well, i have to say the free one dell gave me is awesome. they tried to give me a 19incher lcd with horrible response time, but in a supposed "downgrade" they let me chose the top of the line 17 incher ultrasharp. awsome brightness, no dead pixels, awesome everything. plus it rotates, swivels, anywhere u want it to. I'm looking into getting a 2nd one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom