My Graphics Card Has To Warm Up !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

24/7 Gamer

In Runtime
Hi guys,

Recently my 6800GT packed in and as it wasnt under warranty I had to go and buy a new one. I purchased an AGP XFX 7800GS Extreme Edition and installed it as usual but now I have a VERY annoying problem. Whenever I switch the computer on and go to play a game, it loads but the game lags to **** and i mean pretty badly, even older games like CS:S. It wont play like normal till ive restarted the computer about 3 times. It seems I have to warm up my graphics card although even when the computer has been on for hours and I go to play a game it still lags.

Does anyone know why it has to do this and is there anything I can do to stop this annoying peice of hardware from stressing me out totaly?

Thanks ;)

Could have been a driver problem, if it wasn't for the heating-up issue. But I reccomend installing the newest forceware drivers from nvidia. Did you uninstall the 6800GT drivers before installing the new card?

Have you installed the chipset drivers for the motherboard? (don't use the xp install defaults) But this sounds more like a psu problem what psu do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom