NVIDIA vid. card on an ATI chipset motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyzx

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,

I'm building a new system, and have already ordered the parts when I realized that the motherboard I'm using, ECS RC410l/800-M, is running on an ATI xpress 200 chipset. The video card I'm gonna put in is an NVIDIA card. So my question is, are there any possible problems I should look out for? Will they even run at all?

Thanks in advance

that's good to hear. I heard of alot of horrible driver conflicts when people simply switch from using one graphic card brand to the other and didn't completely uninstall the drivers, so I was afraid I might run into compatibility problem.

Thanks again

it should run, it's just that that is a crossfire chipset so SLI would be out of the question.

Not entirly true there some modified drivers out there that been used to get SLI to work on crossfire motherboards. I dont recommend it but it is possiable.

i have an asus motherboard with xpress 200 chipset and a nvidia 6200tc on the same computer and it runs fine, no driver problems what so ever, its alright but definate lag unless on lowest settings prertty much

ATI chipsets are not that good anyway

You behind the times the two newist chipsets for skt 939 are excelent and all the benchmarks show that. Acturally the upper chipset of the 2 is a very good overclocker.

but the part about ECS motherboards sucking is correct.

Not entirly true there some modified drivers out there that been used to get SLI to work on crossfire motherboards. I dont recommend it but it is possiable.
if that is true i stand corrected but my understanding was that SLI requires chipset support which you would not get from a crossfire chipset. what about the sli bridge? you wouldn't get one with a crossfire motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom