Valueram Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7i2

In Runtime
The timings on my valueram right now seems to be just about the same as the XMS series, but I just can't overclock my CPU any higher. Just wanted to know how the more expensive ram sticks overclock better, and if I had heatsinks on my valueram would it make a difference?

the more expensive ram has better quality chips that are going to take an overclock much better.
Value ram will give you a mild overclock but no more, I dont think theres anything you can do to improve that bar replacing them.

As said, run a divider if you have the option.

p.s. I have heatspreaders on my value ram, it makes a difference but do not expect miracles. A pregnant yak by anyother name is still a pregnant yak.. or whatever :rolleyes:

Pregnant yak...lmao. Value ram isn't all that bad. I bought a stick of Corsair value ram, ran it at 2.75V, 240MHz, timmings were 2.5,4,4,7 or something not sure have to check but the cas was 2.5 and at a 1T command rate! If your ram isn't cutting it though you need to get some new stuff.

Very impressive, I haven't pushed mine past 210Mhz at that cas, i'll up the voltage and have another go when I get home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom