Overnet Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldmachines

Solid State Member
I don't know the difference between the Overnet Command Line Client and Overnet GUI version, both of which are mentioned as things to download for Windows on Overnet's download page. Could you clearly explain to me what the difference between these two are and which one would enable me to use as simply as Kazaa to perform the same tasks? Oh, and by the way, does Overnet share software?

I have no clue what you are talking about, but GUI stands for *graphical user interface*
-Phantom-

Just for the record my computer went mad after installing overnet. Ive heard that it's full of adware and maby even something worse. But I can't say Im sure about it. Just read about it on some German board and Im not that good with German.. Mayhaps my computer just thought it was time for some problems. =)

I don't use Overnet anymore but when I did, I didn't have any problems with it. It did not put any spyware or adware on my computer, it only had a small banner in the top right corner which didn't bother me at all.

Just download Overnet (v52 is latest I think), install (but dont install the extra's)..........and run. Once the Overnet interface (GUI) is open go to the transfers tab and look at the bottom......you should see some green bars (movable) and a green circle with a - sign in it. Press the - and a COMMAND LINE space will apear (or it may already be there)....type ? and press enter.......... a load of stuff will wiz past your eyes..... Move the green bar up to expand the space and read the info using the now visible slider (on the right)...................

...................Overnet definately shares files ;-]..........and carries an 'overhead'...........if you dont share (upload) you dont get the dloads......my advice is dload lots of smaller files like .cues or .nfo's to boost your connections.

It may be slow sometimes but it gets the results......allegedly.......... i am only reporting what someone once told me ;-]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom