Updating Motherboard chipset drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly JC

Solid State Member
After having problems with my onboard sound, I have been advised to update my chipset drivers for my Leadtek K7NCR18 pro 2 motherboard. The thing is the website and downloads contain no advice on how to do this properly and as its the main chipset I am a bit worried about wading in blind. Any ideas? Does anything need to be uninstalled or should I just run the downloaded driver exe. (and pray)

Many thanks for reading!

Its just like any other driver, you can roll it back if it doesnt improve anything or makes things worse. Just run the install.exe and reboot your comp.
-Phantom-

Cheers. Just main worry is that under Device manager I cannot work out what I would need to roll back if problems occurred. Fairly obvious for other hardware but not chipset drivers (well to my little brain anyway).

What OS are you using? If your using XP look through the driver area (control panel -> system -> hardware manager) until you find some drivers that have the name of your chipset in them (there are 4 I think). You just roll one of those back and youll be back at the original driver (after you reboot of course). Or you can just create a restore point before you install the driver.
-Phantom-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom