why was this thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter said:
If he had made them, he wouldn't be asking how to rip them... he'd already have them in a raw format.

The thread was an attempt to find out how to rip DVDs for non-legal uses, be it copying them for a friend, making them a torrent, or whatever.

I cant agree with that. I have plenty of files on my PC. Some i have turned into DVD's. Now instead of burning multiple DVD's and actually costing me more $$. I did what this person did. I put it on a external drive and let my friends spread it around.

Just cause someone is PC literate doesnt mean they know how to leave things in RAW format or how to rip/copy/burn DVD'd. Heck i still can rip my DVD's for backup purposes. I can Run Windows VIsta without a problem but i cant do something simple like that.

Plus how do we know it is still in RAW format. I have burned plenty of .avi, and other files to DVD that work just fine. They are not RAW format. Again this are just assumeptions. I am not trying to argue with you Trotter or with hte Admin. I am just stating that there wasnt enough info given to know exactly what the purpose was gonna be.

Mods are people to, Soemtimes they make mistakes, but if you want to question thier decision then you should do it in PM. At least thats how it is at EVERY OTHER forum Ive been to.

one time a thread similar to this was closed. the mods open it right back up when they realize that nothing illegal was discussed.

This one is a gray area and not clearly defined.

Sometimes it is better to err on the cautious side.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom