What is the best thermal grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you properly apply AS5, it will be better than stock.

Stock is a thermal pad, not thermal grease (usually) so therefore it's pretty good stuff already. The AMD manual recommends you use a thermal pad for prolonged use (like if you stick it there and leave it seated) and to use something like AS5 when you take it on and off a lot.

But, I'm not sure how true that is.

Well if you take it on and off alot you have not choice but to use AS5 or similar because once you remove the HS after you've used it with the thermal pad the thermal pad has to be replaced doesn't it? and the only thing to replace it with would be thermal grease isn't that right?

You can buy thermalpads, but haven't seen them in a while. After a while thermal grease starts to break up and crack.

AS5 is the best realistic option out there.

Frank Jaeger said:
Well if you take it on and off alot you have not choice but to use AS5 or similar because once you remove the HS after you've used it with the thermal pad the thermal pad has to be replaced doesn't it? and the only thing to replace it with would be thermal grease isn't that right?

I'm pretty sure you have to replace the AS5 every time you remove it aswell, but I may be wrong.

EDIT: By the way, you can buy thermal pads aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom