Lindows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakie

Fully Optimized
I tried Lindows tonight and was wondering if anyone else has tried it.

I really wasn't that impressed with it. It seems as though you have to have a membership to the "click-n-burn" section to get programs that are compatible and that is ON-TOP of having to actually buy a Linux-based OS. Hmmm... not to sure I like that, but I am not ready to give up just yet.

Also, Lindows 3.0 is supposed to be the newest release and recognize all hardware, but it didn't recognize my Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer that is over a year old.

Give some feedback and I hope that I didn't post about something that has been discussed, I didn't even think to do a search before I typed this out. Thanks.

Lindows is worthless garbage, get linux and use WineX if you want windows problems, I mean programs.

Oops, slipped there. :)

HAHA, hell ya!

I'd rather take a months time learning Linux than using Lindows for one day!

Yeah, I've got Lindows (of course I paid for it ;) )... it's garbage... seriously, their "click-n-run warehouse" is just a gimmicky way to get you to pay for a service that basically just categorizes free linux software to make it easier to download (a service which sites like Tucows already provide for free). The only half decent thing Lindows has going for it is the 5 minute install time.

use a version of linux that is windows compatible, there is also software for transfering the formats so they are recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom