I KNOW, I KNOW......but i still need gaming computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fox

Solid State Member
First off HI!!!

well i hope people wont bit my head off for this but this is kinda my last resort...

Im in a desperate need of a gaming computer! ive spent hours talking with computer people and gamers alike but i can never seem to squeeze out a good answer...so here goes

MY INFO:

Budget: around $900- $1000 US
(if a better part cost a little bit extra then $1000 i can probly get it in)

Games i want to play (fast loading times, no stop and go problems etc.):

FEAR
WORLD OF WARCRAFT (mostly for this game)

ive heard of shopping at newegg.com but if theres any other great sites out there then list them.

Questions:
1. why is AMD so much better then Intel (Pentuim)?
2. When looking to upgrade what parts should i look into first?
3. Why Does AMD always list there processing speeds so much lower then Intel?

once again i relize that this is a post asking for not only gaming specs but for answers and a deeply thank you.. this is my last resort and really need help.:bald:

1. AMD processors are regarded as better value for money, especially for gamers.

2. It all depends on what needs upgrading at the time. But in general, CPU, RAM, and video card upgrades are perhaps the most important.

3. Quote from my CPU guide:

"ItÂ’s not very easy to compare the performance of Intel and AMD processors. An Intel processor running at 3 GHz is not equivalent to an Athlon processor running at 3 GHz. This is because AMD processors can run at a slower clock speed and yet match the performance of faster-clocked Intel processors.

As a result, AMD has named its CPUs on an equivalent Intel rating, not based on their actual clock speed MHz value. This helps to compare AMD and Intel processors. For example, an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ runs at 1.73 GHz, yet it matches the performance of a 2.1GHz Pentium 4."

Hope it helps!

look at graphics cards i recommend something along the lines of the 7900GT, CPU i reckon AMD 64 X2 and 2GB RAM, LANparty mobo, and a good "cool" (cold) case.. the questions have been answered above.. look up gfx cards and the like that you can afford and read some reviews about them online or something...

i pretty much concure with the other guys,

I would prioritize graphics card and ram, then processor

haha yeh basically

cause you can OC it and not reallllly have to worry to much about horrid overheating

any brands in specific? like for the graphics cards and such..and thx for the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom