should i get watercooling or 2nd 7900gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
I was into overclocking for a while, raised my 4200 from 2.2 to 2.6, only noticed a slight change in 3dmark score, and was thinking of buying watercooling for a while. But, for the price of watercooling that ill get, i could buy a 2nd 7900gt and have sli, which will give me more fps, which is what im searching for. What should i do?

watercooling. the g80 series is just around the corner, and the 7900gt's have been having major issues lately (just look over at evga's forums. Theyre filled with complaints about cards malfunctioning) I for one can say my 7900gt CO came straight out of the box broken. At least wait a little bit before you buy another 7900gt untill they fix these issues.

Vistas coming out around Q1 of 2007, DX10 cards shoulld be coming our around that time.

Personaly i wouldnt to either of them. Do you really need more fps? That card will play anything out ATM. Same thing about the WC, are you temps too high to deal with?

thebleakness said:
Vistas coming out around Q1 of 2007, DX10 cards shoulld be coming our around that time.

Personaly i wouldnt to either of them. Do you really need more fps? That card will play anything out ATM. Same thing about the WC, are you temps too high to deal with?

My CPU could run any game out right now too (oblivion might be rough though), but that doesn't mean I'm not going to OC it as mush as possible. I have to OC my CPU to make up for my crappy video card. :)

ummm...... the g80s come out this summer.

i dont know where yall got that they are coming out in Q1 of 07.

magouster said:
OCing the CPU won't make massive difference if you have a crappy video card.

Not a massive difference no, but any rise in FPS when you have a crappy card is a big help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom