Tivo to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
Yep, this is legal... didn't know this till today, but they encourage you to dl your shows to your pc, then burn them onto dvd's and all that. You pay for it in your subscription fee, so I might as well.

Question is, does anyone know how to do this? Apparently you have to go from tivo to router across network to pc. But the tivo is like 70 ft. from the router, and USB cables only work 30 ft. or so.

Anybody know? Thanks

oh sorry...

All I know is the Tivo has a usb socket on the back. I assume you take a usb from the tivo to a router, since our router has a usb input socket.

I dont know im jsut saying but i dont see why one would put it in the router, but anyways get your router closer to it and try it or get your pc and connect your Tivo to your pc and see if it pops up and has all your stuff on it.

nitestick said:
i don't even understand what tivo is but you said to a router. why not just use a patch/crossover cable instead of USB?

Tivo is like a Satellite company I think, for TV. They might be Cable..I dunno, but you can pause shows and do a bunch of cool stuff with Tivo.

Oh wow, you guys were serious...I thought you were kidding.

Tivo is a DVR sorta thing. You can download TV shows to a build in HDD. You can save them for as long as you want, watch them as many times as you want. Can pause , rewind live tv. It's also satellite, so you can dl shows from anywhere. For example, I can be watching 1 show, and recording two other shows that are on at the same time, and then later, I can watch those.

haha I know, saw your profile and noticed that. Well, it sucks and it's not worth it, so how's that? :p

It's a ton of money, but since I'm not the one paying for it (the ppl I live with are) I figure I oughta take advantage :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom