Computer being lagged...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Joka

In Runtime
I connect to the internet via 56k modem, I usually connect between 46555 bytes and 50666bytes (46KB - 50KB) When I connect to Yahoo! Voice Chat, everything keeps skipping. It never done this before when I was using AOL, but now I am using NetZero. I have done all my AV scans Spyware scans AdWare scans, I have also deleted all my cookies and temporary files via CleanUp! 4.0. What can I do to fix this? If anything?

Well, that wasn't a very good description. Ok, when I connect to Yahoo! Voice Chat, I can hear people talking then it pause and the start talking again, it occasionally collects all incoming sounds and plays them really fast. Like some one is playing a record faster than what it should be playing. I know people are talking when it pauses because the room always has people talking in it...

Dial up is choppy at best. You are connected to the internet at the slowest speds possible. So if you are actively browsing the internet and trying to talk to people it will skip. Dial up cant handle that kind fo activity. It only has 1 path for information to travel. The 1 line is split. It has chunks of data on it. The first chunk is incoming Data. The 2nd chunk is outgoing. The 3rd incoming. 4th outgoing. So on.

So what happens is that is skips parts and they just continues. Best bet. Either Call the people using hte phone since you use dial up anyways. Or dont surf at the same time.

Or you could talk to someone and convince them to get DSL or a cable line. Dial up is shoddy at best. It doesnt matter if it is AOL, NetZero, EarthLink or whoever. IT is slow and the technology is old. You cant inprove on something like Dialup. It has been the same since the begining of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom