A few Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckivi

Baseband Member
Question 1:

When I turn on my computer I get prompted with the option to run Windows XP professional or run Windows XP Setup, how do I remove the Windows XP setup option so I dont have to watch my computer start up so it will not do the setup option by default.

Question 2:

I am forced to use firefox as a web browser because IE always encounters an error whenever it recieves a pop-up add or I close a window...can this problem be repaired?

Question 3:

When I dial-up to the internet with my modem I connect at about 43 kbps, a few months ago i was connecting at 49 and my laptop connects at 52..why is this? ISP possibly?

Question 1:

Answer: go to start, run, type msconfig, press ok, go to boot.ini and click on check all boot paths and it should/will remove the invalid ini file.

Question 2:

Answer: Since we cleaned up your system, does IE still do this? If so, try uninstalling it and reinstalling via add/remove, add/remove windows components in the control panel.

Question 3:

Answer: You more than likely will never see 56k, your dial up will vary almost everytime you connect, it also depends on the traffic on the line, how long the line it, how old it is, etc. There are a lot of factors that determine this.

Enter your boot.ini and remove the entry you do not want.

The fix to your problems is to keep using firefox ;) . When IE7 comes out then you can safely update and have the problem resolved.

Dail up rarely reaches the advertised 56k mark because of "dirty lines" this can be lines hitting eachother in the wind and a variety of other causes it's more common to see 34k speeds on dial up so I would not be overly concerned.

Thanks, that answers questions 1 and 3 and as for 2, the problem was actually taken care of when we cleaned up and i didnt even relize it, thanks a lot...I'm going to continue to use firefox though, it seems to be loading pages faster and with less pop-ups...

Question 4.

Why do I have 4 svchosts.exe's running under my task manager??? Is that suppose to be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom