How to removing the backplate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akachun

Solid State Member
how do you remove the backplate from a motherboard? socket is 940 on an asus k8n-dl.

Its attached to the case. You have to take the motherboard out and push the panel in from the outside of the case.

sometimes its glued on so take a heat gun and blow hot air onto the back of the plate, then see if it comes off

Apparently, the backplate is glued. I was told to use a heat gun to heat the glue to loosen it. How high of the heat can I apply that the MOB would not be damage? And once the backplate is off, would removing the glue from the MOB be easy?

They glue the plate to the motherboard? Wtf..I've never heard of that before.

CrazeD said:
They glue the plate to the motherboard? Wtf..I've never heard of that before.

ah....... buuuuu ? ok, what are you taking about

the cases back plate

or the thing on the back of the mobo that holds the lock pads in place, are you trying to add a water cool system?

what are you trying to do anywho?

I'm trying to install an asetek cpu water block. Problem is how to remove the backplate that is part of the cpu heatsink retention. Apparently, the metal piece is stuck onto the back of the MOB even after unscrewing the top part off. There is a thin black layer in-between the MOB and the backplate. The MOB I have is Asus K8N-DL with 940 sockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom