no temperature monitor works!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
since i installed this new motherboard, every single stinking temperature monitor doesn't work, and shuts off my comp. its like every time it tries to access a specific piece of information, my computer cuts out. ive tried half a dozen things speedfan and mbm5 being a couple. if the thingy it was trying to read is important, i suppose ill start speedfan again because it says whats it doing right before the comp shuts off.
the bios reads the temps just fine, just that nothing in windows works.

edit: okay now all i was doing was playing EQII and it shut off. im thinking i liked it better without the DFI mobo...

Try completely reformatting your harddrive, and reinstall everything. You may still have some drives hidden in your computer from your last mobo, and they could be colliding.

*sigh* i suppose its time to bite that bullet. i tried to get away with not doing that but i suppose i've got to do what i've got to do.

okay i tried doing it with a quick format but it didnt work either. speedfan shut it down like it did with no format. so currently im doing a full format and its taking a long time..... its been going 10mins and its only 14%.

Wouldnt worry about speedfan... not many people rate it highly, it crashes my PC too but I do have mb monitor 5 working and will tell you how. For DFI boards you need to download a few files to get it to work

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6798

Direct link to download

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//MBMDataFinal.rar

Reinstall MBM5(I presume your using 5 yes?) If not, get 5. Once installed DO NOT GO THROUGH CALIBRATION WIZARD, EXIT.

Then like it says in post, extract the files and rename that folder data and copy it to C:\Program Files\Motherboard Monitor 5 and select yes to overwrite files.

Exit and load up MBM5, works for me :D

if it means anything to anyone, the part where shuts down is when its reading $1C40... i have no clue what that means but thats the address. and its not just speedfan that shuts down my computer, mbm5 does it . everything does. i dont think it has to do with the program used, its just my new mobo doesnt liked being probed in the $1C40 lol. could this be result of misproperly connected wires? we left a few of em off like the firewire and some audio cables. the sound works though i dont know what the audio ones were for.

..... just did a complete reinstall. nothing is working. i suppose ill try termyBGL's suggestion.... but im 99.9% confident its going to crash again.
edit: hmm... strange. i just noticed after every time it shut down after a monitor tried to read temps, an empty file called "initdebug.nfo" appears on my desktop... i was wondering why that always came back after i deleted it to the recycle bin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom