PC for WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw x2 is where its at and i would stick with it

processors are becoming a big deal and this would serve you well for a while and enable you to OC it later

Whatever, I was rounding up. ;)

Anyway, I still stand behind what I've said. The 7900GT KO is the best choice in my opinion. Maybe he's only playing WoW right now, but he might be playing something better tomorrow.

And yeah, Newegg does not ship outside the US, I was just using that to find the general prices of things.

digit: Do you mean RAID 0? I wouldn't go that far, but otherwise, I agree, that is the best deal.

if the only game your really going to be playing is wow. i dont think you should get that video card. its a real nice "xpensive card". get like a 7900gt and put some more money in the processor.

the x2 3800 is a strong *** cpu
and no true gamer will stay with one game

im sure sometime there will be updates for WoW
or a new better game that is more demanding

i like my setup and yes raid 0
but if there are more suggestions im completely open to changing what ive said

yeh it would improve load time but a 7200 is just fine. unless you are a huge techie you wont see way much difference.

We're just presenting it as an option, because the OP said he wanted it to load fast. But it's true that 10,000 RPM drives aren't generally a great use of money, because of their relatively low price-to-performance ratio.

Gee- thanks for all the replies! Sorry I didnt get to post sooner.

Just to clear up a couple of points. I already have a WD Raptor but maybe I should have said that at the beginning. Looks like a lot of people hinged on the point I made that I only play wow. Thats not strictly true. It is the game I play 75% of the time but not the only game. The reason for the mega GPU would be that I am going to be running the games on a projector screen so I thought better graphics would be nearly essential. I take your point though, that I could possibly scale down on the graphics card just a bit.

The reason I posted though was that I just needed the peace of mind of knowing that none of the parts I listed were second best. I might look at motherboards again but aside from that I am fairly happy

Well, a 7600 GT would float your boat just fine, but if you're maxing the settings and running at a very high resolution, a 7900 GT would be a great choice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom