why was this thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105358

the guy seems to be talking about homemade dvd that he is giving to friends. it looks like tht he want to shrink them to for more space on his hdd. what's illegal about that?

Originally posted by Curry Viking
Because i have a ALOT of guitar DVDs i want to rip to AVI so i can put them onto an external hardrive and give them to a freind along with alot of other guitar crap i have.

so I guess if he didnt say he was going to give them away the thread was going to be fine right? Give me a friggin break. How do you know it wasnt a homemade dvd? You dont do ya? We all talk about copying DVDs, PSP, PS2, PC games, whats the **** difference?

Originally posted by DMo224:

I'm sure that the members know that we'll talk about alot of things. However, when it's something illegal, the discussion ends.

So, since it seems that you're not going to give your DVDs away, you're going to make illegal copies and give them away.

DMo made it pretty clear when he closed it.

I'm not one to complain, but I thought closing that thread was pretty stupid. In no way what so ever can you tell by "guitar dvds" if they were home made, illegal to copy of anything like that.

How do we know they were not DVD's that he made. How do we know that since he wasnt going to make more DVD's and actually lose $$ that this wasnt a better way for him to get his music out there?

I understand the concept of closing it since it seemed like it was gonna be used for illegal purposes. But if the indivual made these DVD's himself and was giving them to friends. Why would it be illegal if he used a External HDD instead. It saves $$ and it would allow for his friends to see and hear the work.

That one was a fine line. A little more info was needed to be determined if it was truly legal or illegal.

How do we know they were not DVD's that he made.
If he had made them, he wouldn't be asking how to rip them... he'd already have them in a raw format.

The thread was an attempt to find out how to rip DVDs for non-legal uses, be it copying them for a friend, making them a torrent, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom