Home made video card cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right ok.
Heres my fan and bracket glued together. just waiting for it to dry properly so i can slot it in without it moving. Ill post some pics once i got it in my computer. i could probably now drill some screws into it to make it really secure :)

:) I hope it works though. i tried to fit it in earlier but it was really hard to slot it fully in place and pushing on it made the glue a bit too lose because i hadnt left it to try for long enough. This time im making sure its completely solid dry.

I actually did the same thing you did Craze (except I used hot glue instead of screws to hold the fan/grill on) ->
DSCF0286.jpg

yea, it looks crappy, but it works :p

I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not because it really looks horrible lol. Anyways, thanx. And its really not that hard to do. You just hot-glue 2 5.25" drive bay covers together, cut out an 80mm square/circle, hot-glue fan and grill to it, and voila! It took me all of 10 minutes and it works great. If people are really interestd, Ill write a lil' tut with pics and everything :D

I made a new videocard cooler... I realized how ghetto mine was.

I just took one of the expansion slot covers, dremeled it a bit so I could bend a flange out, drilled holes, and attached fan. This way I can put it on correctly and I think it looks a lot better.

newfan.jpg

newfan2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom