PoWeR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManBearPig

In Runtime
Well i have my eVGA 7900GT KO sitting in my lap and i want to install it but i still have my dell 305watt psu. (i had to pay for my license no money for psu) i measured how much power i'm using now and i currently am using 222watts, not including my integrated radeon card.

so should i install it and see if it will work? could i mess up my psu and/or mobo?

its very hard for me not to install this beast.

no ill tell you what you need right now

your going to want a 500+ watt enermax or antec
probably higher then 500

power supply keeps your whole system in check
so you need to invest in one :)
i threw down 200 on mine and i wont have to replace
when i get another video card

well considering i will have no income for 6 months i need to find a way to make this work..

maybe i could unplug my cd rom drive and just play steam.. lol

or throw down $50 and get a Fortron, its a GREAT brand. dude do not put ur card in, you will regret, well u might regret it. and NO NO NO, YOU DONT NEED 500+ WATT PSU TO RUN A FREAKING GT!!!! the GTX itself just needs 450watt. wtf do u need 550 watt for a gt?

john....its not about just the video card that needs power

you cant just think about what you need in the NOW

people overclock. people upgrade. games demand more and more from the hardware and drive the hardware to the limits

the reason i suggest higher watt psu's is to protect your system from that because when i used to go with cheap powersupplies in peoples systems i would get complaints later about system failures and stuff

power supplies arent expensive and im trying to get the point across that spending a little more then 100 now will be worth it later

tehdigit said:
john....its not about just the video card that needs power

When a manufacturer puts out system requirements, it also inputs the power the other parts need.

people overclock. people upgrade. games demand more and more from the hardware and drive the hardware to the limits

When people overclock, they would only need more power when they raise voltage, which goes up by increments of .01v, any PSU that can handle a top of the line video card, can handle that.

power supplies arent expensive and im trying to get the point across that spending a little more then 100 now will be worth it later

Some of the best PSUs people buy are less than $100. Antec, Enermax, Fortron, OCZ.

the reason i suggest higher watt psu's is to protect your system from that because when i used to go with cheap powersupplies in peoples systems i would get complaints later about system failures and stuff

Your fault that you didnt use those handy wattage calculators that tell you what you need. or you didnt read reviews on the PSUs u purchased.

rofl im not going to argue with you because you obviously dont see 1 point im trying to get across

alright guys do what you want. sure if your hardware says 450 will power your system it will but i go safe and buy something that will work for my system for a long time.

also when your buying a psu look at the rate efficiency if its above 70 you should be alright but 80+ is really good

the one thing u need 2 do when purchasing a PSU.

CALCULATE HOW MUCH POWER YOU WILL NEED!
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

THen look for a Reliable, well known PSU that has good (great) reviews. and make sure that the amount of cords it has fits ur peripheral needs. e.g. fans, cathode lights. and of course the other cords, SATA, IDE, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom