installing new fan today. air blow in or out

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
what direction should the fan face. its a 120mm fan for the back of the case. should air be blowing in or out. this is the only fan on the case.

It should be blowing air out of the case, so that air will come in the front. There are other ventilation holes right? Otherwise you wouldn't be doing much. :)

Although I guess it really doesn't matter, it would be better to be pushing air out through the back and pulling in from the front, rather than pulling in from the back and just blowing air out through the front. I guess it also depends on where the fan is.

I agree, it is contingent on the placement of your other fans, do you have a picture of your case? My best guess would be you want the fan blowing out, but thats if you have another fan blowing in on the front or side of the case.

there is a fan in the front, but i dont know if it is blowing air in. i dont think its plugged in. my power supply did not come w/ the right plug. its a molex but it cant plug into power supply molex. i think thats wat its called. is it possible to buy an adaptor.

sry if i have u confused.

Oh so you have another fan, but it just isn't plugged in. Yeah you can probably find an adaptor somewhere; I know some fans come with them, doesn't sound like yours did though (wait..no, why doesn't it work again? sorry). If it's in the front, it is almost certainly an intake fan. If you're only going to have one fan in your case (working, that is) it should be an exhaust like you are doing now.

wow, the new fan did a lot. the temp on my video card is under 40*C when playing bf2. usually around 32*C when not doing anything:D

good to hear, if your front fan isnt working right now, try blowing in from the back, I bet you drop a few more degrees ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom