Dvd ripping software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curry Viking said:
Hey all

Whats a good program to rip Dvd's to avi's?

Thanks
What's wrong with just playing your DVD via WinDVD (or what ever other DVD Play back software that you use)

Re: Re: Dvd ripping software

Harper said:
What's wrong with just playing your DVD via WinDVD (or what ever other DVD Play back software that you use)

Because i have a ALOT of guitar DVDs i want to rip to AVI so i can put them onto an external hardrive and give them to a freind along with alot of other guitar crap i have.

It would take up heaps of space but you could decrypt the vob files from the DVD onto the harddrive and your mate can play them using WinDVD, PowerDVD etc. If you can't be bothered ripping them, thats an alternative...

I use DVD Fab Decrypter:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/DVDFab_Express.cfm

The only thing that I do not like about it is that it rips each chapter to a seperate file! Things would all be simpler if you could just make a disk image. All I am doing is making backup copies anyway since I can't seem to keep a disk without scratching it.

Please note: Ripping DVD's takes up MASSIVE amounts of disk space. I have about four on my hard drive, and they are taking up 30GB!!

Re: Re: Re: Dvd ripping software

Curry Viking said:
Because i have a ALOT of guitar DVDs i want to rip to AVI so i can put them onto an external hardrive and give them to a freind along with alot of other guitar crap i have.

I'm sure that the members know that we'll talk about alot of things. However, when it's something illegal, the discussion ends.

So, since it seems that you're not going to give your DVDs away, you're going to make illegal copies and give them away.

Thread closed.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom