My overclocking experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe your sensor is bad or something. Are you monitoring temps in BIOS or with a program?

My ABIT EQ says my CPU is running at 76*C when I first boot up my comp, even though BIOS says about 30*C. Plus I have a failsafe so if my CPU gets to 75*C it will shutoff.

ya i just took my hs off, remounted it, turned off all ocing, now its max of 49c. ill just wait for my watercooling. thanks every1

make sure you clean your hsf with some isopropyl 91% or better, or thermal paste remover, there is no reason for your temps to be anywhere near 70 degrees F especially if its a amd,ive read that the gold' orb is a little difficult to mount so maybe you dont have all the screws in correct i wouldnt go more than 3-5mhz for fsb personally, its like bringing your car to the track to race with out driving on the highway (ok that was lame but you get the idea) think baby steps while testing oc/ stability

guys I have a simular setup, would you expect my system to score 1000 diffirence on 3dmark because of the diffirence GPU ?

I would be interested in trying to squeeze some more juice from my machine if possible.

k, CLEAN the heatspreader and HS with Isopropyl 80% plus is fine, i have never seen 80-90% isopropyl leave ANY residue of oil behind.

GET A BETTER MONITOR! you cant have 49C with no overclocking........that doesn seem right.

yup ill try lapping soon,. I upped my cpu even more. To accomodate the higher temps, i laid down my pc, took off the window and opened my window in my room. my temps have dropped pretty far, at 2.8ghz its idling at 42c! All ive done is upped the voltage to 1.6, upped fsb to 255, and upped the ram voltage to 2.7, all says ai booster. I tested prime95 for 8 hours at 2.6, all stable so tomorrow morning i shall indeed test again fo another 8. Should i do anything else/any problems?

oh and what should my MEMCLK Frequency be at? on A64 tweaker it says its at 133. is taht right? i thought it should be at 200, but then again my ram timings were different then advertised.

So as i see im talking to myself i guess ill just have to say i broke the 10000 mark in 3dmark 05. hooray for 10012!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom