Hard drive selction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch yeah i saw it man, looks like an insane deal. where is the rebate info? i can't seem to find that.

Shortass (nice name) thats a huge difference. a 10k RPM drive will smoke or equal some SCSI hard disks at a much lower cost. the differences over a 10K vs 7.2K RPM disk is very noticable. your operating system and software will load instantly, like magic.

if you need space and have little money don't consider these for main storage, they are very expensive per GB vs 7.2K SATA or IDE. they are economical for the operating system volume only. you would need 2 disk in that case, a 10K disk for OS, and another disk for storage.

There a tab that say rebate center, click that and scroll down to seagate, you'll see it. Im gonna order it tomorrow.

ekÆsine said:
if you need space and have little money don't consider these for main storage, they are very expensive per GB vs 7.2K SATA or IDE. they are economical for the operating system volume only. you would need 2 disk in that case, a 10K disk for OS, and another disk for storage.

Heh, I've had this nickname for quite some time now, but you'd be suprised how hard it is for me to get a livejournal account of AIM screenname with just shortass. I've had to add characters before, so I'm glad I can at least get just the name in this forum. :D

Hmm, I actually hadn't thought of that before. Sooo, it would be good to buy perhaps one of the 36.7GB Harddrives for the OS and whatever intense programs I'll be using, and buy a second, larger harddrive that's 7.2 RPM for all of the games and multimedia I'll be storing? That will at least save about $50, which is good because I'm sort of on a tight budget and I'd like as good of computer as I can get. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom