LanLover 9400 :worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
Hey guys! (Ive hade this work log on a different forum for a while but i decided to post here. Ive had these posts on different dates)

OK, here's the mod. I'm taking a Antec "Super Lanboy", painting it black with UV orange inside. For cutting and and "modding" I'm adding a new power switch and a pilot cap switch for the UV lights. Then I'm adding a 92mm fan at the back off the case where the HD bays are. Then for the BIG mod on this project, I'm making a car blower out of aluminum and adding it to the top.

Its quiet basic but its my first mod and for a 14 year old, its pretty good for a first one.

Here's the Design
OverViewSmall.jpg

OverView2Small.jpg

BackSmall.jpg

I also have a keyboard and mouse that I have painted to go with the case.
DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

Here's the case that Ive painted so fare. I still need to clear coat it but I'll wait until I get every thing else paint before that. (also need to do some precition painting but Ill get that at the end)
IMGP0972.jpg

IMGP0974.jpg

IMGP0975.jpg

Here's some of the parts that I'll be using for the mod.
92mm Grill
DSC00188.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

Here's
Some of the cutting Ive Been starting for the 120mm onthe top were the blower will go.
Its bad but since then Ive toughted it up a little with a Dremel (w00t!:)
DSC00129.jpg

I did cutting on the side panel
heres the pics
DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PAINT! and im basicly done exept the blower.

Well I wantedto cut out the stupid grill in the front off the case and re paint it any way. So, heres the front grill cut out.
DSC00200.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

hat I did tonight what retape the case and all the other stuff that I will be painting/ repainting. Then I setup my painting area again really nicely and what not. I would have done some painting tonight but I need to get a good mask becuase Ive been cauphing from all the spray painting !

I add some pic of my work tomarrow, it should be a good hardwork day .

I AM BROKE!!!!!!!!
After a intense day like today of shopping and buying, I now have $4.74 to my name. Check out all the cool stuff that I got.

First off, I new that I should get a mask when I saw orange in a loogy
that I shot out today. ewwww (also all the post you guys put about me getting one)
So here it is!
DSC00205.jpg

Then I got the Body filler that I wanted and a hardener/ dry time indicator.
DSC00207.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

Check out the styling anti static wrist band.
DSC00206.jpg

The cool fountain that my mom got for my B-day... that's not for a month....
DSC00203.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

High grit wet sand paper and sanding block. (i heard those help A LOT)
DSC00209.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

New drill bit set because the old set was really, really bad.
DSC00211.jpg

Bag of 15 16" tack cloths for $2!!!!!!!!
DSC00216.jpg

Saw horse set for only $14 wOOt!!!! on sale!!!
:w00t:
DSC00215.jpg

And the greatest thing of that day...........
When my mom and I wen to CompUSA to get a camera for my sister (because of the Sat thing) I saw the last Lanboy display case sitting there all beat up... so I got a idea...... I brought it to the register and asked them if i could get a discount for it because it was all beat up and.........I got a Discount!!!!! The manager gave it to me for $20!!!!! OMFG!!:woohoo:
DSC00212.jpg

I have some bad news...... I don't think that Ill will get any thing done tonight because of homework and work I have to do for my mom:wife: so I can get some money :-(. To make the situation worse, I'm starting spring football with the varsity:eek: team tomorrow and that doesn't end until 18:00 (lol military time :D) Then I still have to get home (18:30-18:45) and then do all my home work/ studying for finals that are coming up. I'm afraid that the only time that Ill be working on my mod will be on the weekends.:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom