Super PI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManBearPig

In Runtime
wtf is this program? its some sort of benchmark and i guess the Conroe can Finish Super PI 1M in 16 seconds..

lol i'm not sure if thats good

Yes, it's a benchmarking program...it tests your raw CPU power and memory bandwidth by calculating PI to a specific number of digits

So what 1M in 16 seconds means is that your processor is capable of calculating PI to 1,000,000 decimal places in 16 seconds...to compare it takes my opteron about 30 seconds to perform the same operation

its a program that test how long it takes ur computer to calculate PI to a certain amount of digits, most people calculate to 1M Decimal places, and the Conroe i believe did it in 16 seconds, and yes thats very good.

SuperPi calculates Pi (3.1429...etc...). SuperPi 1M means up to 1 million digits. SuperPi 32M means to 32 million digits.

Here's a Conroe to 4GHz A64 FX57 comparison;

Not quite the 16seconds SuperPi, I don't have the link to that (someone wanna sent that link?), but that gives you an idea. Oh yea, btw, that 2.9GHz Conroe - On air cooling. And the FX60? On Liquid Nitrogen, I believe.

For more Conroe ownage, check here.

thats crazy for an FX 60, are those the benchmarks on Xtreme systems? it seems familiar.

FX57, not FX60. Yea, thats the world record for the fastest anyone's gotten an Athlon 64 processor.

But thats not the point. The point is that a 2.9Ghz Conroe (overclocked on air, albeit by one of the best overclockers on the planet, but anyone could do it) beats the fastest AMD processor on the planet...by 2.5seconds (quite a bit).

Well it isn't really demonstrating a point apart from what anyone expected...Intel processors have always been significantly faster than AMD processors in SuperPi, it's just the way they're built

You also shouldn't take a preliminary overclock and judge it as the norm as that processor could have easily been cherry picked and even so, early processor revisions are always going to be binned much more relaxed than the final product

True, but with a 3.3Ghz on-air OC from a 2.4GHz chip, I have high hopes. This is defiantely my next processor upgrade. Unfortunately, its also going to be a whole system revision.

39 seconds for me. I'm using a slightly overclocked 3700.

Edit: Overclocked it a little more, so it went down to 36 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom