dual core

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbeaton

Solid State Member
i bought my comp almost exactily a year ago and got the 64 bit intel, i later found out that intel's 64 bit dosent stand up to amd's but i have played around a little with xp 64 bit and all i noticed was that a lot of drivers were unsupported and there was a lot of uncompatable software (daemon tools is which is the main reason i still use x86) and i was looking in my device manager and i found this

i was under the impression that 64 bit and dual core were different things, does this mean that my cpu is dual core?

this PROBABLY means that you have a hyperthreading CPU which makes Windows THINK there are 2 cores when there's only 1

oooooh yea i also got the hyper threading thingy too, so this means there IS a difference between dual core and 64 bit right? and how do i find out what i have because i need to know if i should upgrade or not, i dont think i ned to upgrade my cpu just yet it was pretty ahead of its time when i bought it althought i wish i had bought amd i still dont mind this because it will run 64bit which is all i really cared about when i got it

do u know what your cpu is exactly? everest/cpu-z type of apps will tell you some specs then report back here, if you had a dual core you would probably know, or you could just go into system specs in control panel to figure out a good idea of what you have

no i know its 64 bit and its hyper threading, as for the upgrade i just plan to keep up with gaming and its moving quite rapidly, when i bought the machine it could run anything out on high, then bf2 came out all medium then F.E.A.R. and a bunch of other games like them but thats just my video card holding mt back im pretty sure. i think i found something under device manager, under the details tab it says, APCI\GENUINEINTEL_-_X86_FAMILY_15_MODEL_4\_0
thats the device instance id.

k go to google, type in CPU-Z and download it, and tell us what it says.

If ur going to upgrade. save ur money till this summer then decide, conroe comes out, G80s come out, UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2007!!!!!!

hah yea and im glad i read somewhere on a forum to wait to upgrade my video card til Direct X 10 or ill be sorry, im so happy i found that because i almost bought a new card a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom