Dell starts selling $9,900 overclocked gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice rig. I hate the paint job. And I would be ashamed to tak it to a lan party. I would rathar take my case from an old PII to a lan party than that.

mnelson07 said:
Of course you could... except we (as consumers) don't have access to the quad-sli setup and the phsyx card isn't for retail release just yet.

Plus, considering the overkill of 4 cards, I'm wonder how big the difference would be between the exact same system with only 2 cards sli. I know it'll be better, but even that overclocked processor bottlenecks the 4 gpus.
Gigabyte's Quad Royale boards

but seriously 4 gpu's? overclocked processor?
you are definatly need some water cooling, couple fans.. i mean my card runs at 65C i wonder how much heat 4 cards will generate..

it will be obsolete in 6 months. lol

ManBearPig said:
you are definatly need some water cooling, couple fans.. i mean my card runs at 65C i wonder how much heat 4 cards will generate..

The Renegade isn't watercooled?

I just thought of something...

If the ASUS mobo has true 16x slots and they were designed for a single card, would having 2 cards per slot effectively make the slot run at 8x? And if so, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having the 16x slots to begin with. Just a thought.

ManBearPig said:

it would still cost less than Dell is selling that thing for.

This is from their site...
dellrenegade.jpg

Why are the graphic cards slanted? And is that red thing the power supply?

mrscientific13 said:
What you're really paying for is a paint job, the overclocking, and the quad SLI. Also the unnecesarily huge monitor that's bound to blind you unless you are sitting 4 feet away from it.

lol thats so true but still im in love the that computer. Theres now way that computer is slow and no way its going to stugle on a game:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom