Multiple OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordspoon

Beta member
Is it possible to have more than one opperating system on my computer? Cause I was thinking about trying windows vista beta, and i think i remember someone saying you can have windows XP and Vista at the same time.....is this true?

yeah you can its called dual boot. I have XP and Vista beta. btw vista beta drivers arent too great. i cant get my gfx card to work. which version of vista u getting. i recommend getting the latest one not the one i got. im getting it now its version 5365.

Actually Vista Build 5381.1 is out. But Mentalist is right. You can dual boot your system to have Vista and XP on there. I do it all the time. I already have a dual boot setup with XP and Server 2003. I make it a tri-boot system when i install Vista.

5381!! is that another milestone one or not? Is there any point me getting 5365? Is there a torrent for it?

Mentali$T said:
5381!! is that another milestone one or not? Is there any point me getting 5365? Is there a torrent for it?

This is most likely the last one before the Public one is released. All signs point to this one being the most stable yet.

Yes there are torrents available. It has leaked. But since the rules say no Warez i cant tell you where. But they are out there.

grr.... :\

but yeah, im actually going to (soon.. fortunatelly) have mac os x (10.4 tiger), [kubuntu] linux, 98, xp, and vista on my one physical hard drive.

mac os x will be installed via PearPC :)

Yeah you can have a multi boot like that also. I have heard of ways to get OS X to install natively on PC's just like XP. but the hardware support sucks.

ha, yeah... emulation is very difficult... so my 2.4ghz x2 is equivilent to an 1ghz g3

and no sound, 3d graphics, etc....

so to multi boot you have to partition your hard drive? then what loads first? someone tell me how to do this.. am planning on installing XP Pro, Linux, & Vista (when it comes out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom