BFG Physx.. May 9th.. are you getting one!?!?

Should I make Windows the primary OS on my MacBook Pro?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
like the title says, BFG is having their first sale for the Ageia Physx card.. found it right out of their site.. and of course all your favorite sellers are going to have them... newegg, tigerdirect, zipzoomfly... and did i forget comp usa and best buy...... hahaha... anywho, who's getting one?

I'm interested to see how this product will evolve. Right now it reminds me of a crappy old geforce 4 series or something. I'd like to see some benchmarks. They may become crucial to DX10 it sounds. Everything they specialize in are key components of the DX10 showcase.

Need to see what fleshes out as far as bugs and benchies. Then I will consider it in early fall.

ya, its a bit too soon to buy it.. there's only 2 games out right now that use it... and i see ghost recon working just find on my computer... i don't know what the physx card would do.. but i would love to see

NosBoost300 said:
ya, its a bit too soon to buy it.. there's only 2 games out right now that use it... and i see ghost recon working just find on my computer... i don't know what the physx card would do.. but i would love to see

http://www.ageia.com/physx_in_action/footage.html

I plan to get one once the price falls and more games start to use it.

(Also watch the Cell Factor video, just click the 'PhysX Only')

I voted no, is a waste of money. i cant shell more then 300 for a video card but they want me to shell 250-300? for a physics card? come on now! My video card will help the game more then a physics card would ever will. Remember the card has to still draw all of thoses particles and polygons that the physics says it need to create thoses effect. SO NO! TOO MUCH MONEY. FOR NOT ENOUGH PERFOMANCE!

Im also going to buy one, but only after the prices drop by quite a bit.

I just dont have room in my budget for another $300 device.

yeah, i think its a cool tech, but it think it might be a bit too early for its time, cause #1 is expensive #2 its only compatable w/ 2 games and #3 it doesn't boost performance that much....

but maybe in the future it'll prove to be better....

Beefcake said:
http://www.ageia.com/physx_in_action/footage.html

I plan to get one once the price falls and more games start to use it.

(Also watch the Cell Factor video, just click the 'PhysX Only')

wow, ghost recon looks way cool with the physx card.... and i've seen the cell factor, that video is just jaw dropping... i can't wait until i get one.. hopefully xfx comes out with one just so i can match my graphics card

I'm eventually getting it, but not anytime soon.

NosBoost300 said:
wow, ghost recon looks way cool with the physx card.... and i've seen the cell factor, that video is just jaw dropping... i can't wait until i get one.. hopefully xfx comes out with one just so i can match my graphics card

Ghost Recon looks horrible on the PhysX card. The framerate DROPS when PhysX is added. As if that wasn't enough, the effects that you see with PhysX are ridiculously bad too. A bunch of more debris for 1/2 the FPS? No thanks. Ghost Recon may be the first game with PhysX, and I'll grant it that, but the PhysX performance in this game was horrible. Hopefully its improved in other games, and not just slapped on like in GRAW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom