Home made video card cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah ok so mine could be better. the stock fan on my gfx card also sucks. just a tiny little fan. should i have the fan blowing on the card or away from it?

Blowing on it. A real GPU fan circulates air across the surface of the card, but these will just push air on it. If you suck the air off it, it won't really have any place to go and won't be real efficient.

If you wanted some overkill, you could make it suck and then connect one of those vents to a front fan which is exhaust. lol

wouldnt it be better to have it blowing off? cause, you have the tsunami, which has enough intake, or so i think, and having the fan blow away from it would be more beneficial. try it and see what happens.

I got a sound card right beneath my fan, so it wouldn't benefit me any to have it sucking.

Ok having it blowing on is much better than away. when it was blowing away from it i got temps of 49c and now i got 41c with it blowing on it :)

I want to overclock my gfx card. what temp is safe?

My fan fell out of its place earlier today so i decided to use a different method. Using SUPER GLUE! i have just stuck the bracket to the side of then fan and letting it to dry so hopefully it will be better. will post some pics later.

fan.jpg

That's my new case fan. Before I just stuck two 80mm's in there and ziptied them. This time I actually made it look nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom