cleaning motherboard in dishwasher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is typical of many of these computer help boards that people don't read the whole thread before posting. What we have just seen here is several people who have actually worked in the electronics industry who have said that it should be OK to do what this teacher wants to do. Yet we have a bunch of posts calling the teacher stupid. Get with it people.
Of course they called Columbus a moron too when he said the world was round.
-Target

ok i posted this thread a month i ago i believe

my teacher since, put 5 motherboards (once that didnt work for mysterious reasons) all together to wash in the dishwasher, brought them back to school and to my suprise....1 of the motherboards actually was fixed!!! believe it or not but he got 1 running!!

by the way used a hair dryer which he said did nothing, so he stuck it in the oven at 150 for about 15 minutes or something like that....im not quiete sure

1 worked and thats all there is to it..

Bull Buchanan said:
What kind of sauce did he use with it?

A computer once tried to test me. I ate his motherboard with some fava beans and a nice chianti. Shlurp-urp-urp

-Dr. Hannibal Lecter

The only way in which i would ever put a mobo in a dishwasher is if it had all its components in it as well as the PSU connected into the mains. Along wit shooting bottle rockets at it to see how it reacts.

I think for giggles, I am going to put my faulty hardware that decided to die randomly into the dishwasher. I will provide the Pics sometime...

:freak:

This is a joke post, right?

Who in their right mind would put a perfectly good mobo in a dishwasher and expect it to still function?

Even if it LOOKED dry, the amount of water-damage to the fiber-board, chips, transitors, connections, etc, would be astounding!

:rolleyes:

Le'me guess...this is a high-school "PC Expert" right? Mr. Somethin Somethin who teaches you guys to like, use Word and type and use Excel, right?

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom