Test: Overclocking

Overkill or not?

• No, it isn't overkill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe it's overkill

• It's overkill

• You need to find something better to do with your time.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
Guys, i have an idea, maybe ull like it or maybe it will be shot down and burn in flames.

Seeing as how many people come here in hopes to build a good computer with a tight budget, or people who are already here, or people who just want to overclock. we tell them to read the guides and they will understand it. I read the guides in fact i read 5 different guides which left me REALLY uncomfortable and scared. It wasnt until after i asked A LOT of questions that i now no the basics and some problem solving skills.

I propose that we make a test for overclocking. People read guides, read posts on overclocking. and if they themselves want to overclock, they take the test to see if they know what they are going to do and not screw something up badly.

Basically what we would do is give a series of scenarios where there is a problem ( i doubt ill even pass this test :p) and they have to recognize and be able to solve the problem ( nothing way too advanced). Also we could add some basic questions like wat is the HTT, or Vcore, stuff like that.

people get their answers, PM their answers to one of the people who have the answers and then they see if they are fit to overclock. now if they dont past the test, we give them a response on what they did wrong and give a detailed explanation of how to do it right, but not in advance techno geek lingo, something they will understand.

Maybe im way over my head here, but hey, its just an idea.

any takers?

its not Q&A, this will be much simpler if done properly, we make a general test, people give us their answers, and we give the right answers if they are wrong. its not that hard. Ill make the test with the help of you if u want, and i can get some questions of Nitestick and HAVOK if they are willing, also green radience.

yes, but that is beyond the point, if they cheat they cheat themselves, and im not trying to make it sound like something about morality, im talking about, if they do cheat, and if they DO try to overclock, they will most likely screw up their computer, after all this is to help people understand how to overclock and what to do in tight situations, not show how smart they are, no1 will no, answers are PMd not posted.

Rofl. If they cheat then there stupid because obviously they wouldnt know how to overclock and would mess something up. I think it is a great idea and could give you a general idea if your ready for overclocking.

thank yoU!, some backer(s). i'd willingly do it, and someone out there would to, so come on.

I know but if they passed the test then they could be like "If Only I Had a naked fx-60, pump that baby to 4.0 GHz and blah blah"

Its a good Idea I guess...but its going to need ALOT of work..

not really, just make some questions, and see if people get the questions right or wrong, if its wrong, just give them an answer a n00b can understand. and they cant go blah blah blah, because they just passed some basic test for overclocking before u destroy ur computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom