Another Flash questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
I have text on my flash animation and the last layer has one letter that flys across the rest of the test and stops at the end. I went the letter ( S ) to show over the letters when going across but NOT the background of the image ( S ). I went into PS and made the S images background transparent and made it a gif then imported the gif into flash but the BG is white NOT transparent.

That kind of didnt make any sense to me if you word it better i might be able to help you. lol sorry

wow my grammer was bad now that I read it over.

Basicly my questions is...

How do I make the background of a symbol transparent? As in I have a picture of a S and the background of the S is black. How do I make it so when the S goes over another layer only the S part shows not the background of the S

hmmm im not too sure. can u not just delete the black bit. Probably hard to do that in flash. open up photoshop and using the magic wand tool select the background then invert the selection and delete it. that might work

I did and the background was transparent in Photoshop but when i put it in flash the background turns to just white not transparent

Did you save the image as a gif or png file? If not then it will lose the transparency. Make sure when you save the file as a gif or png that transparency is selected, although it should be automatically.
If you are just using the letter 'S' in Flash, why don't you just use the text tool? Is it letter artistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom