Ieee 1394

Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
If a mobo doesnt have a firewire port does that mean that there is no way to hook one up to the computer? or can you hook one up and run it to the mobo through a different port or something...?

does your mobo have a firewireport? cause i know that you can get stuff like that to give you more ports, but im wondering if you need to have one on your mobo in the first place to use them. Some mobos have IEEE 1394 listed onder their ports and others dont... but im kind of new to this so i dont totally know how it all works

cool. Big relief. thats actualy the card that im looking to get with this system... or mabe the platinum im still not completely sure about how much ill be using this system for.

lol, I didn't see who made the thread,lol Yeah you will get one with the card, and the board you order should have a header for firewire also and then the board itself "should" comewith a firewire add on that is just a cable that goes to the motherboard then attaches to an open pci expansion slot on the case. Are you still going with the ultra D dfi? Because it has a built in firewire port.

13-131-540-03.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom