mac os x on intel can't go online

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazlunatic

In Runtime
Hi. I just bought MAC OS X tiger, and seeing that it is possible to install onto an Intel machine, I installed it. (btw this computer is not the mac intel. its just an intel computer)

Here's the problem.

The MAC OS X Tiger 10.4.6 can detect two built-in serial ports to go online with the modem.

The weird thing is that I don't have two serial ports, but I have two ethernet ports.

And one of the ethernet ports requires a driver.

The one that has always been working fine is a plug and play PCI device.

I don't know why it cannot detect that port. Can someone help me go online? The light on the network card and the light on the router for the corresponding port is on.

Your help is greatly apprecaited. Thanks

i've heard that when installing OS X Tiger on a non-mac Intel machine, some features can't be used. one of them not being able to access the internet

it just ... installed?

just like that? i didnt think they were selling mac osx/intel yet. i figured they'd wait to 10.5 to release the intel version.... cause any intel mac you get will come with tiger anyway, so theres no reason to buy it

I wasn't aware they were selling it, and a quick check of the Apple website indicates that they aren't.

All I can say is you got what you paid for which is probably an illegal copy; you should have bought a Mac, since this obviously isn't legal.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom