New build but no image on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
New build but no image on screen (updated)

Upgraded my computers Motherboard, CPU, and Graphics card to a Asus A8N-E, AMD64 3000+, and Nvidia 6800gto (gto are from dells and I bought it used).
When I turn it on everything comes on and I get no beeps but my screen remains blank. I use a DVI to VGA convertor to send the image to my monitor.

Any ideas on what the problem could be????

The card is reconginized in my device manager but I still get no video. Could the outputs just of become unoperatable or something.

nitestick said:
that would imply you have another video device, correct? try disabling that one or removing it

I tried that and it doesn't work.

i had the same thing with my set up... only DVI works, im not really sure why

I'm using a dvi convertor since I don't have a dvi monitor. (Its tested and works so thats not the problem.)

Well another weird thing is that I try installing the drivers for the card in windows so it can be recognized properly but I get a stop error and the computer crashes... Anybody know what that could be from?

You changed you motherboard, so now Windows doesn't recognize the system as "its" system.

Boot off of your Windows disk and have it do a repair.

I've already done a fresh install of windows since changing motherboards. Windows works fine its just the 6800 doesn't display anything and if I try to install drivers I get a stop error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom