Using Remote Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee05162004

Baseband Member
I am trying to use the remote shutdown console to shutdown other computers on my network but there is a problem I am not sure how to fix. I can manually add the computer names to shut them down but I would like to be able to browse for the computers. The problem is, when I click the browse button I get an error that says "The directory service is currently unavailable." I'm not sure what service I would have to enable on my computer to be able to use the remote shutdown program. Does anyone know what service I have to enable?

Check to see if Computer Browser is running. Also, are you using AD or just a workgroup?

would you be interested in using a script to shut down the computers? How many do you have to reboot?

Warez Monster said:
would you be interested in using a script to shut down the computers? How many do you have to reboot?

I would be interested in using a script, not for home but maybe for work. We have over 100 computers that it would make it alot easier to just use a script to shut them down. How would I setup the script?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom