Building my own computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now what do you think the high and low points of this pc you put together. what will be its strong points and its weak points?

so yaw mean to tell me that only 2 people have any experience with building pc's and pc parts? any suggestions or any info at all is helpful

lol, almost everyone here has experience, some people are just offline, as was i. k the strong and weak points. wait lemme just recap the parts and see wtf is going on...

MSI K8N Neo4-F
AMD 64 3000+ right?
ATi X1600
2GB Dual channel Value G.skill ram
Antec SmartPowerII
Optical drive for USB/Firewire

the only problem i can see is that the video card is not good enough to play most games in max settings. everything else is great.

Ok cool i dont even game so thats ok with me as long as it will boot up fast. process fast. burn dvd and encode fast. and not get bogged down when im multi tasking.

That PC is good for general use, but for multi-tasking and encoding a dual-core CPU would be alot better! I don't know if you are on a seriously tight budget, since I didn't read the whole thread (I know, my bad). If you have a very strict balance, that PC is great, if you can at all spare the cash, rather go dual-core! :D

what kinda extra cash am i looking at spending for a dual core i mean if im going to benefit i dont mind spending a little extra cash

i agree with john on the card and cpu choice

dual core is what you want and the 3800 is a strong choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom