Status
Not open for further replies.

SDtbawab6634n63

Baseband Member
OK, I have recently bought the following:

AMD 64 athlon 3000+
6600gt 128mb
gigabyte k8n-sli mobo

wen i got home, surprise surprise, i have a 250Watt max PSU. Lame? yeah!

Anyway, I now have to get a new case and PSU. I have two choices:

1) Seperatly sold case with a window, USB front and 3 fans. Seperatly sold coolermaster 430Watt PSU.

2) Case + PSU, Mambo thermaltake tower case with a thermaltake 430watt PSU.

The no. 1 choice would be the best option for me. But my friend said that the extra fans could take away voltage from my PSU and may not run my stuff.

On the other hand, the cheap Mambo case with PSU just has holes and stuff and a built in PSU

I don't mind about the money. I just want one which will be upgradable. And no, I don't have pics because the 3 fan case just says 3 fan case on the site. But it is a tower case and should have no problem fitting my Mobo...

Can I get some opinions? Just 1) or 2) should be fine...

Yep your friend is wrong. With what you're running you could use a couple fans to go with it. I have a 300W with 3 fans a GeForce 6600 256MB and an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ and everything works like a charm. You'll be fine. Go with #1

Errr, soz guys. My dad's all paranoid about the screws in the custom case. So i'm going to have to go with the mambo midi case and 430Watt PSU.

O and the company has sold over 6000+ PSU's and the failure rate is below 1-2%,. Plus they RECOMMEND Thermaltake, so I'm getting that case with PSU. I'm pretty sure it won't just die on me. We'll wait and see eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom