rebooting virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatbelly

Beta member
hey i was wondering could any one help me with this, changed the power supply and ram and checked everything,i did a bit of research and it would seem that i have a boot virus on my hard drive,it gos as far as the gateway sign and just keeps rebooting i cant use safe mood either it just reboots,any help would be cool,cheers

ya well im posting cus thats the last thing i wana do ,i wana keep whats on the hard drive, thanks anyway

Or you tried a Windows repair? Or maybe just reinstall windows w/o reformating.

EDIT: It was doing me the same thing this morning, was just some BIOS settings, try reseting the BIOS.

im running on aq crap tiny hard drive now,so the origianl problem hard drive wont leave me do anything and i mean anytrhing i treid tunning anti-virus software for a cd when it boots but not a thing

Put in another HDD and install windows on it, then put your other HDD in as a slave and transfer data that you want to keep.

im sorry techbuster but"HDD" is hard drive or what? sorry,i dont know what to do nothing seems to work putiing anti-virus doesnt do anything and i cant even go in safe mood or last god config

plug the hard drive into another computer as a secondary
boot windows from working hd
transfer files
format bad hd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom